From distant rigs to pitching decks, baking deserts to frozen ice packs, the Iridium 9555 satellite phone can handle any environment. It is small but determined, sleek but durable, easy to use but powerful. It is every bit as rugged as our previous handsets – still industrial grade and packed with innovative new features. Iridium 9555 is the evolution of trusted, reliable mobile communications. And it is connected to the only truly global mobile communications network. So anywhere on the planet, you need to be, Iridium 9555 is connected and backed by superior network quality and world-class technical support.
Iridium 9555 packs serious power into its small frame. With a significantly reduced footprint from our previous phone, more hand-friendly form factor, and space-saving features such as an internally stowed antenna, this sleek handset is designed to easily go wherever your customers go.
Rugged and Reliable Critical Lifelines
Iridium 9555 is a dependable, ruggedly built tool, not a toy. It won’t play games, take pictures, or play MP3s. What it will do is work. Everywhere. It is engineered to withstand some of the world’s toughest environments, so the world’s toughest customers can depend on it as a critical lifeline whenever and wherever need takes them.
The Future is Within Reach
Iridium is committed to global communications reliability and performance far into the future. With the first launch scheduled for 2015, Iridium’s next-generation satellite constellation will provide a platform for continued innovation, as well as ongoing support for all existing Iridium-enabled solutions. Rest assured, Iridium NEXT’s backward compatibility will ensure Iridium 9555 continues to put advanced personal communications in your grasp – for years to come.
Want a phone that has GPS capabilities, water-resistant, and more ruggedized? Try out the new Iridium 9575 Extreme!
+1(619)238-0205 and a Satmodo technician will gladly assist you.
• Dimensions: 143 mm (L) x 55 mm (W) x 30 mm (D) • Weight: 266g (9.4 oz)
• Standby time: Up to 30 hours • Talk time: Up to 4 hours
• 200 character illuminated graphic display • Volume, signal and battery strength meters • Illuminated weather-resistant keypad
• Integrated speakerphone • Quick-connect to Iridium voicemail • Two-way SMS and short email capability • Pre-programmable International Access Code (00 or +) • Mailbox for voice, numeric and text messages • Selectable ring and alert tones (8 choices)
• 100 entry internal address book, with capacity for multiple phone numbers, email addresses and notes • SIM-based address book with 155 entry capacity • Call history retains received, missed and dialed calls
Usage Control Features
• User-configurable call timers to manage costs • Keypad lock and PIN lock for additional security
Iridium 9555 Quick Cheat Sheet (PDF)
Receiving Your Rental Phone
How to Make a Call on a Iridium Satellite Phone
How to Make a Call on Iridium Phone
1. Make sure you are outside with an open view of the sky, away from any obstructions. 2. Fully extend the antenna and power on the phone. Make sure the antenna is straight up-and-down at all times. 3. After the phone registers, dial the country code (for the US it’s “1”), area code, and then the rest of the number. 4. Press the green button to place the call and then the red button to end the call.
How to Call to a US landline or cell phone
1. Dial 1, the Area Code, & the rest of the number, for example, to call a USA number dial 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX 2. Press OK
How to Call another Iridium satellite phone
1. Dial 8816-XXXX-XXXX
How to Receive calls on your Iridium phone
By using the preferred 2-stage dialing system, the person calling you dials a US number, and you only use your minutes at your standard rate. To use the 2-stage dialing methods follow these Instructions: 1. Call 1-480-768-2500 2. When prompted, enter the Iridium phone number (this number is printed on the side of your phone) 3. Wait to be connected
NOTE: Your Iridium telephone number is on the side of your phone.
How to Text on an Iridium Satellite Phone
How to Send A Text Message From Iridium Satellite Phone
1. You must first be registered on the network before sending a text message. 2. Press “Menu” 3. Using the arrow keys, scroll to “Messages,” then press “Select” 4. “Create Message” should be highlighted. Press “Select” 5. Enter your message text and then press “Options” 6. Follow the on-screen options thereafter to send a text message.
How to Send A Text Message To The Iridium Satellite Phone
1. Have the person go to this website, messaging.iridium.com 2. On the top of the page, there is a link that says, “Message a Sat Phone.” Click it. 3. Enter the 12 digits sat phone number WITHOUT any dashes. Enter a reply to email if needed. Type Message. 4. Click send message (This option is FREE for the person sending and FREE for the person receiving the text). NOTE: Using a cell phone directly to message the sat phone may incur high charges per minute or not work This should do the trick, but if you are still finding it difficult to connect, then please call us at
How to get a Signal on your Satellite Phone
How to Check Voicemail on your Satellite Phone
How to Check Your Voicemail
1. Press the “Menu” key 2. Scroll down to “Voicemail” and hit “Select” 3. Hit “Select” to call Voicemail 4. When you hear the greeting, immediately press the * Key. 5. When you are prompted for a password, Enter 9999 or last 7 of your satellite phone number