The Beam TranSAT RST620B is a fixed or mobile satellite phone designed to work with the Iridium satellite network. You can enjoy the use of a privacy handset or completely hands-free voice and data calls in a variety of land, air, and marine applications. It operates much like a traditional car phone, with a compact and efficient design, allowing for a handset located close to the captain or driver, in addition to the hands-free capabilities, made possible with the integrated speaker and microphone.
RST620B TranSAT Variations
Standard TranSAT Kit Includes: Iridium 9522B Transceiver Module Main Terminal, Hands-Free Interface, Intelligent Handset, Speaker/Microphone, Wiring Assembly, and User & Instruction Manual Price: $0.00
TranSAT Whip Bundle Includes: RST620 TranSAT Standard Kit, 6m Antenna Cable, Beam Whip Antenna, and User & Instruction Manual Price: $348.00
TranSAT RST620B is an Iridium mobile or fixed satellite phone that provides the option of a handheld or a completely hands-free voice and data telephone for a wide variety of marine, land, and air applications with a wide range of antenna options available.
- Slimline compact installation
- Voice, SMS, SBD, and Circuit Switched Data capable
- Compact fully functional user handset for privacy mode
- Full Duplex Hands-free calling
- Echo canceling technology
- Mic / Audio Integration to communication systems
- Horn Alert / Radio Mute capable
- RS232 D9 Serial Interface
- Accessory / Ignition sense
- SMA Connectors – Iridium Antenna
- FCC, Industry Canada, and ITU approval
- 12-month repair or replacement warranty
- Enables a speaker and microphone to be connected to the TranSAT terminal and installed anywhere within the vehicle.
- Enables the connection to an external horn alert as well as the ability to provide a radio mute output if required. For incoming calls, the terminal will ring and the horn with sound.
- The Intelligent Handset is a privacy handset with additional functionality such as dial, call, and hang-up buttons. It allows the user to have a terminal connected to the intelligent handset or a handset with a long run to still have the functionality of a phone.
Q: What is the RST620B TranSAT Variations satellite communication system?
A: The RST620B TranSAT Variations is a high-performance wireless communication system that utilizes satellite technology to provide long-range, secure communication links. It is designed to operate in a variety of environments and can be used for a wide range of applications, such as voice and data transmissions, video conferencing, and remote monitoring and control.
Q: What type of radio transceiver is used in the RST620B TranSAT Variations system?
A: The RST620B TranSAT Variations system employs a high frequency (HF) radio transceiver, which is capable of operating in the 3-30 MHz frequency range. This allows for the system to provide reliable communication links over long distances, even in challenging environments such as those with high levels of interference or atmospheric noise.
Q: How does the RST620B TranSAT Variations provide long-range wireless communications?
A: The RST620B TranSAT Variations system uses satellite technology to relay signals between the transceiver units, allowing communication to take place over very long distances. The use of high frequency radio waves also enables the system to penetrate through the ionosphere and communicate over longer ranges compare to other frequency bands.
Q: What advanced modulation techniques are used in the RST620B TranSAT Variations system?
A: The RST620B TranSAT Variations system employs a range of advanced modulation techniques to improve the efficiency and robustness of communication links. Some of the techniques used include frequency modulation (FM), phase modulation (PM), and Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM). These techniques are used to increase the amount of data that can be transmitted over a given channel, as well as to improve the resistance of the link to interference and noise.
Q: What multi-band operation capabilities does the RST620B TranSAT Variations system have?
A: The RST620B TranSAT Variations system is designed to operate across multiple frequency bands, allowing it to adapt to different environment and communication scenarios. It has the ability to transmit and receive on multiple bands simultaneously, which increases system flexibility and enhance the link robustness by use of frequency diversity.
Q: How does the RST620B TranSAT Variations system perform satellite link budget analysis?
A: The RST620B TranSAT Variations system uses advanced algorithms to perform a link budget analysis, which is used to determine the feasibility of a given communication link based on factors such as transmit power, receiver sensitivity, and the presence of interference or atmospheric noise. By performing a detailed link budget analysis, the system can optimize the communication link to provide the highest possible performance and reliability.