The Iridium 9555 sat phone is every bit as rugged as our previous handsets – still industrial grade and packed with innovative new features. Iridium 9555 is the evolution of trusted, reliable mobile communications. And it is connected to the only truly global mobile communications network.
So anywhere on the planet, you need to be, Iridium 9555 is connected and backed by superior network quality and world-class technical support.
The Iridium 9555 complete kit includes the following:
Iridium 9555 handset device
Li-Ion High-Capacity Battery
Travel charger with international adapters
USB data cable
Iridium 9555 User manual
Magnetic vehicle mount antenna with 5’ cable
Hands-free earpiece with microphone
Iridium 9555 packs serious power into its small frame. With a significantly reduced footprint from our previous phone, more hand-friendly form factor, and space-saving features such as an internally stowed antenna, this sleek handset is designed to function seamlessly no matter where you go.
Users will appreciate the ability to charge their satellite phone no matter where they are at since it includes a car charger, travel charger with international adapters and USB port charging capability. Additionally, the battery life allows for a standby time of up to 30 hours and 4 hours of talk time.
Rugged and Reliable Critical Lifelines
Iridium 9555 is a dependable, ruggedly built tool, not a toy. It won’t play games, take pictures, or play MP3s. But what it will do is work. Everywhere. It is engineered to withstand some of the world’s toughest environments, so users can depend on it for all necessary communication – even in the event that a critical lifeline is required.
The Future is Within Reach
Iridium is committed to global communications and its reliability and performance far into the future. Iridium’s next-generation satellite constellation provides a platform for continued innovation, as well as ongoing support for all existing Iridium-enabled solutions. Rest assured, Iridium NEXT’s backward compatibility will ensure Iridium 9555 continues to put advanced personal communications in your grasp – for years to come.
Firmware upgrades will roll out in the future as needed to ensure your Iridium 9555 is up-to-date and staying the most reliable solution no matter how far off the grid you venture.
The full Iridium 9555 satellite phone specification sheet and manual can be downloaded here.
Need More From Your Satellite Phone?
Want a phone that has GPS capabilities, SOS button, water-resistant, and more ruggedized? Try out the new Iridium 9575 Extreme!
+1(619)238-0205 and a Satmodo technician will gladly assist you.
• Dimensions: 143 mm (L) x 55 mm (W) x 30 mm (D) • Weight: 266g (9.4 oz)
• Standby time: Up to 30 hours • Talk time: Up to 4 hours
• 200 character illuminated graphic display • Volume, signal and battery strength meters • Illuminated weather-resistant keypad
• Integrated speakerphone • Quick-connect to Iridium voicemail • Two-way SMS and short email capability • Pre-programmable International Access Code (00 or +) • Mailbox for voice, numeric and text messages • Selectable ring and alert tones (8 choices)
• 100 entry internal address book, with capacity for multiple phone numbers, email addresses and notes • SIM-based address book with 155 entry capacity • Call history retains received, missed and dialed calls
Usage Control Features
• User-configurable call timers to manage costs • Keypad lock and PIN lock for additional security
1. Make sure you are outside with an open view of the sky, away from any obstructions. 2. Fully extend the antenna and power on the phone. Make sure the antenna is straight up-and-down at all times. 3. After the phone registers, dial the country code (for the US it’s “1”), area code, and then the rest of the number. 4. Press the green button to place the call and then the red button to end the call.
How to Call to a US landline or cell phone
1. Dial 1, the Area Code, & the rest of the number, for example, to call a USA number dial 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX 2. Press OK
How to Call another Iridium satellite phone
1. Dial 8816-XXXX-XXXX
How to Receive calls on your Iridium phone
By using the preferred 2-stage dialing system, the person calling you dials a US number, and you only use your minutes at your standard rate. To use the 2-stage dialing methods follow these Instructions: 1. Call 1-480-768-2500 2. When prompted, enter the Iridium phone number (this number is printed on the side of your phone) 3. Wait to be connected
NOTE: Your Iridium telephone number is on the side of your phone.
How to Text on an Iridium Satellite Phone
How to Send A Text Message From Iridium Satellite Phone
1. You must first be registered on the network before sending a text message. 2. Press “Menu” 3. Using the arrow keys, scroll to “Messages,” then press “Select” 4. “Create Message” should be highlighted. Press “Select” 5. Enter your message text and then press “Options” 6. Follow the on-screen options thereafter to send a text message.
How to Send A Text Message To The Iridium Satellite Phone
1. Have the person go to this website, messaging.iridium.com 2. On the top of the page, there is a link that says, “Message a Sat Phone.” Click it. 3. Enter the 12 digits sat phone number WITHOUT any dashes. Enter a reply to email if needed. Type Message. 4. Click send message (This option is FREE for the person sending and FREE for the person receiving the text). NOTE: Using a cell phone directly to message the sat phone may incur high charges per minute or not work This should do the trick, but if you are still finding it difficult to connect, then please call us at
How to get a Signal on your Satellite Phone
How to Check Voicemail on your Satellite Phone
How to Check Your Voicemail
1. Press the “Menu” key 2. Scroll down to “Voicemail” and hit “Select” 3. Hit “Select” to call Voicemail 4. When you hear the greeting, immediately press the * Key. 5. When you are prompted for a password, Enter 9999 or last 7 of your satellite phone number
Q- what is the 9555 iridium usb port used for? A- The Iridium USB-Mini Cable 9555 allows you to easily connect your Iridium 9555 satellite phone to your computer
Q- Can iridium 9555 be charged with a usb cord? A- The Iridium USB Chordprovides you the flexibility to power satellite phone through a USB port.
Due to limited supply, the product is not available for purchase currently, please contact us.
Manage Cookie Consent
Functional Always active
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.