Portable Satellite Internet unit, Cobham EXPLORER 510, is the smallest portable Satellite Internet unit. It is encased in durable magnesium designed with resistance to water and dust in mind making it the perfect choice for remote work with a reliable connection.
Weighing in at less than 3 lbs, and boasting high-quality voice and data speeds up to 464 kbps, this is the smart satellite terminal to carry along when traveling the world.
The EXPLORER 510 provides an easy user interface, making set-up and operation a breeze. You can access the terminal from your PC or any smart mobile device with the EXPLORER Connect App to make calls or get on the internet, even in areas with no cellular coverage. The EXPLORER Connect App is available for free download on Android and iOS.
What’s Included in the Rental?
EXPLORER 510 terminal
Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
USB to Ethernet Converter Cable
100-240VAC Power Supply
Multi-language Quick Start Guide
Multi-language web server and embedded manual (ENG, FR, DE, ES, RU, JP and CN)
User interface: Two LED (WLAN, Status), 1 Power Button, USB Host, Cobham web interface
WLAN Access Point: Standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
1 x USB host interface
Version: 2.0 (host)
Charging: Up to 1A
1 x BGAN SIM-Card slot
DC input range: 10.5-32VDC
Standby / transmit: 2.8W / 19W (typical)
During charging: 20W (max.)
Connector type: 2.5mm EIAJ RC-5320-IV
AC/DC power supply
Input: 100-240VAC, 47-63Hz, 64W
Built-in Battery: Lithium ion (rechargeable)
Stand-by time: 24h, 0°C to 55°C / +32°F to +131°
Standard call: Minimum 3h (TBC)
Receive time, max.: 4h40m @ 128kbps
Transmit time, max.: 2h25m @ 128kbps
Recharge time: Less than 3 hours
Charge temperature: 0°C to 45°C / +32°F to +113°
About the Explorer 510 Mobile Satellite Internet
How to Make a call with Explorer 510?
How to connect Explorer 510 to computer (Wired Connection)
1. Wait to turn on device until you are outside, in an open area with a good line a sight to the sky.
2. Plug the USB cable end into the Explorer unit but do not connect it to the laptop yet.
3. Angle the Explorer unit so that the white portion of it (this is the antenna) is angled pointing to the sky.
4. Turn on the Explorer 510 (Button to the left side of the unit. Hold it down for 3 seconds).
5. After the Explorer 510 boots up, it will begin to beep. The beep needs to be a straight solid beep. If you do not hear a solid beep, turn the Explorer unit to the right or left until you hear a solid beep. You may have to move the antenna (the white portion of the unit) up or down slightly.
6. Once you hear a solid beep, press but the power button one time. The solid beep will go away.
7. Now, connect your laptop using the Ethernet end. Open a web browser up such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, or one that you use.
8. In the URL bar, type this address in – 192.168.0.1 and hit enter.
9. Now you are logged into the Main Menu of the BGAN Explorer 510 Terminal. You will see a button that says, “Standard Data” or “Standard Connection.” Click it to initiate a data connection.
10. At the bottom of the screen, you will notice that you are now connected. Now you are free to browse the web and get internet connectivity.
11. When wanting to disconnect, power off the Explorer by holding down the power button for 3 seconds.
How to Connect Wirelessly to the BGAN Explorer 510
1. Depending on mobile device, go to your app store or play store app.
2. Search for “Explorer Connect.” Download and install this app. Do not open the app after install.
3. Follow steps 1-6 from the section “Connecting to the Internet (Wired Connection).”
4. Now, connect your mobile device wirelessly to the Explorer 510. Search for networks under your WIFI settings of your device.
5. The network name is “Explorer 510” and the password is the “SN” (Serial Number) located on the back of the Explorer 510.
6. Once connected to the WIFI network of the Explorer 510, open the Explorer Connect app that you downloaded on your mobile device.
7. Click on “Terminal Access.”
8. Click on “Standard Data.” You will now be connected to the internet and can browse the web.
9. To disconnect, power off the Explorer device by holding down the power button for 3 seconds.