Once you’ve determined that accessing satellite internet via ku band is the right choice for your personal or business communication needs, you need to choose the right device to enable that connection. Here we will be highlighting Kymeta options for ku band as well as referencing other top of the line choices to get the device that best suits your requirements.
Kymeta is a U.S. based satellite communications company that enables reliable connectivity on mobile platforms. They offer the Kymeta U7 in three different variations to meet the ku band needs of any user. Kymeta is addressing the need for lightweight and high-throughput communication whether that’s needed on the move, in the middle of the ocean, in a remote mining site, and more.
Kyway U7 8W BUC Terminal with Modem
The Kyway U7 8W BUC terminal offers revolutionary mobile connectivity by offering a high-throughput ku band system in a lightweight and low-profile design. This “Satcom on the Move” terminal is the complete package with Block Up Converter (BUC) and iDirect modem. Whatever vehicle or vessel you need to connect, this product will meet the demands required for a reliable and fast connection.
Additional features of the Kyway U7 include:
- Easy install – no satellite technician required
- Flat-panel design is perfect for low profile installation
- Lower power consumption than other flat panel terminals
- Speeds up to 4Mbps down and 1 Mbps up
- Easily operable with simple power-on startup
- Fast tracking capability, even when on the go
- Great for moving vessels and vehicles
- Reliable even on rough seas or terrain
Kyway U7 16W BUC Terminal with Modem
You can continue to brave the elements and rely on the seamless connectivity as the U7 8W when you upgrade to the Kyway U7 16W BUC Terminal with Modem. Areas with significant rain fade may require a higher wattage of BUC power, making this a solid choice for ultimate reliability.
The Kyway Go offers the ultimate solution for ku-band satellite communications on the move. This solution allows a user requiring portability to choose between the Kyway U7 8W BUC Terminal or Kyway U7 16W BUC terminal and integrate it into a transportable and ruggedized case.
For some, fixed installation on a vessel, vehicle or a site is not ideal. Instead, you may require a portable ku band system that you can take anywhere to get satellite internet whenever and wherever you need it. That’s exactly what the Kyway Go can do.
Additional features of the Kyway Go include:
- Get all the incredible features of the Kyway U7 but in two weather-resistant, rugged and transportable cases
- One case houses the Kymeta mTenna antenna subsystem module while the other holds the interface unit which includes the modem
- Ready for any environment
- Ideal for transport on commercial aircraft or shipping vehicles
- One-button operation
- Mounting points for securing the Kyway Go to a number of platforms